The keyboard for dyslexia and dysgraphia assistance is an integrated writing and reading solution comprising several advanced adaptive technologies tailor-made for people with dyslexia, dysgraphia and other learning disabilities. It helps children and adults with dyslexia and dysgraphia to write, read and correct texts.
Ghotit Quick Spell Word-Prediction is a state-of-art technology designed for writers with typing issues and phonetic/creative writers; this technology increases writing speed and successfully predicts intended words with instant correction of the first misspelled letters.
Ghotit’s patented technology provides the most appropriate corrections for spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes according to the intended meaning of a text.
• Context-sensitive and phonetic spell checker
• Corrector of confused words including homophones
• Grammar and punctuation corrector
• An effective proofreader
• Speak as you write (speech feedback)
• Integrated dictionary
• Reading assistance with dual highlighting
• Dictation to any app
in line with Apple’s practices for adding a new custom keyboard, do the below steps:
• Open the Settings and go down to General. Tap Settings.
• Scroll down and tap “Keyboard”.
• In menu “Keyboard”, tap the top entry “Keyboards”.
• Tap “Add New Keyboard”.
• Select “Dyslexia Keyboard”.
• Tap “Dyslexia Keyboard – Dyslexia Keyboard Ghotit”
• In “Allow Full Access”, move the switch to the right to Allow.
• Open up some editor or text area to write some text.
• Long tap the Globe icon at the Apple’s keyboard for the menu of keyboards to appear, and then select from the menu Dyslexia Keyboard. Alternatively, tap the Globe icon at your software keyboard until Dyslexia Keyboard appears.
• If you do not hear text-to-speech voice when reading aloud or tapping predicted words, please check that Full Access in “Allow Full Access” is enabled as described above and voice at your iPad/iPhone has not been muted in Settings or by a Side-Switch of the device.
• Long-Tap-and-Release gesture provides descriptions/explanations for most words.
• To select a Predicted Word, Double-Tap it or Swipe it left or right.
• You can change the above behavior in the keyboard Settings (see below) by enabling “Tap to Select Prediction”. Thus, Single-Tap will select a Predicted Word whereas Double-Tap or Swipe could be used to read it aloud.
• Following tap, appears the popup with the Settings Icon and current English Dictionary selected.
• Tap the Settings Icon.
• Change the Settings. Among other functions, you can choose the English Dictionary (US, UK, CA or AU) to be appropriate for your usage/location. Speech Rate and some other options could be also adjusted.
Pay attention not to select words.
• Tap the ABC button and wait a few seconds. The sentence appears with:
– Red-underlined misspelled words
– Blue-underlined suspected misused words
– Green-underlined suspected grammar errors
• Get more information on Suggested words
Tap the underlined words and get for each one Correction Suggestions appearing from the right.
Tap a Suggestion to read it aloud and, optionally, tap the Description area to read aloud explanations
or usage examples for that Suggestion.
• Select a Suggestion.
To select a Suggestion, Double-Tap or Swipe it.
• Apply the corrections.
Further tap another underlined word and correct it.
When done, apply the corrected sentence by tapping button “V” and waiting for a couple seconds
till the corrected paragraph/sentence replaces the original.
• If you do not want to correct something, just tap the Back button with keyboard image.
• To correct sentence-by-sentence instead of by paragraphs, disable “Correct Paragraphs” in Settings.
Pay attention not to select words.
• Tap the Speaker button.
• Text is read aloud.
• To return back, tap the Back button with keyboard image.
That could be changed in Dyslexia Keyboard Settings by disabling the “Speak As I Write” switch.
• Tap the Descriptions button.
• The descriptions are read aloud.
• For a Predicted Word, get descriptions by Long-Tap-and-Release gesture at the button where the Predicted Word appears.
The dictation page appears; tap there the black microphone button and dictate. When the dictation time-slot expires with the progress bar reaching its limit, tap the black microphone button once more and dictate for one more time-slot. When done, return back to your app and insert the dictated text by tapping the button “Apply the Dictated Text”.
Dyslexia Keyboard for iPad and iPhone
Ghotit Real Writer for iPad (“Dyslexia Editor”) is an Editor by itself providing simple word-processing functions with the same set of assistive features as Dyslexia Keyboard and creating an attention concentrating environment; it is very helpful for children and adults with severe dyslexia/dysgraphia.
Ghotit Apps Bundle for iPad – Dyslexia and Dysgraphia App Kit