The keyboard for dyslexia and dysgraphia assistance is an integrated writing and reading solution comprising several advanced adaptive technologies tailor-made for people with dyslexia, dysgraphia and other learning disabilities. It helps children and adults with dyslexia and dysgraphia to write, read and correct texts.
Ghotit Quick Spell Word-Prediction is a state-of-art technology designed for writers with typing issues and phonetic/creative writers; this technology increases writing speed and successfully predicts intended words with instant correction of the first misspelled letters.
Ghotit’s patented technology provides the most appropriate corrections for spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes according to the intended meaning of a text.
• Context-sensitive and phonetic spell checker
• Advanced grammar and punctuation corrector
• An effective proofreader
• Speak as you write (speech feedback)
• Integrated dictionary
• Reading assistance with dual highlighting
in line with Apple’s practices for adding a new custom keyboard, do the below steps:
• Open the Settings and go down to General. Tap Settings.
• Scroll down and tap “Keyboard”.
• In menu “Keyboard”, tap the top entry “Keyboards”.
• Tap “Add New Keyboard”.
• Select “Dyslexia Keyboard”.
• Tap “Dyslexia Keyboard – Dyslexia Keyboard Ghotit”
• In “Allow Full Access”, move the switch to the right to Allow.
• Open up some editor or text area to write some text.
• Tap the Globe icon on your software keyboard until appears Dyslexia Keyboard.
• If you do not hear text-to-speech voice when reading aloud or tapping predicted words, please check that Full Access in “Allow Full Access” is enabled as described above and voice at your iPad/iPhone has not been muted in Settings or by a Side-Switch.
• Long-Tap-and-Release gesture provides descriptions/explanations for most words.
• To select a Predicted Word, Double-Tap it or Swipe it left or right.
• You can change the above behavior in the keyboard Settings (see below) by enabling “Tap to Select Prediction”. Thus, Single-Tap will select a Predicted Word whereas Double-Tap or Swipe could be used to read it aloud.
• Following tap, appears the popup with the Settings Icon and current English Dictionary selected.
• Tap the Settings Icon.
• Change the Settings. Among other functions, you can choose the English Dictionary (US, UK, CA or AU) to be appropriate for your usage/location. Speech Rate and some other options could be also adjusted.
Pay attention not to select words.
• Tap the ABC button and wait a few seconds. The sentence appears with:
– Red-underlined misspelled words
– Blue-underlined suspected misused words
– Green-underlined suspected grammar errors
• Get more information on Suggested words
Tap the underlined words and get for each one Correction Suggestions appearing from the right.
Tap a Suggestion to read it aloud and, optionally, tap the Description area to read aloud explanations
or usage examples for that Suggestion.
• Select a Suggestion.
To select a Suggestion, Double-Tap or Swipe it.
• Apply the corrections.
Further tap another underlined word and correct it.
When done, apply the corrected sentence by tapping button “V” and waiting for a second
till the correct sentence replaces the original.
• If you do not want to correct something, just tap the Back button with keyboard image.
Pay attention not to select words.
• Tap the Speaker button.
• Text is read aloud.
• To return back, tap the Back button with keyboard image.
That could be changed in Dyslexia Keyboard Settings by disabling the “Speak As I Write” switch.
• Tap the Descriptions button.
• The descriptions are read aloud.
• For a Predicted Word, get descriptions by Long-Tap-and-Release gesture at the button where the Predicted Word appears.
put it to background and swipe it out. Next, run the app again and use Dyslexia Keyboard with Gill Sans fonts.
Dyslexia Keyboard for iPad and iPhone
Dyslexia Keyboard App is a custom iOS keyboard working with other apps like editors, text areas of browsers, social networks, etc. apps on iPad and iPhone.
Ghotit Real Writer for iPad (“Dyslexia Editor”) is an editor by itself providing simple word-processing functions with the same set of assistive features as Dyslexia Keyboard and creating an attention concentrating environment; it is very helpful for children and adults with severe dyslexia/dysgraphia.
Ghotit Apps Bundle for iPad – Dyslexia and Dysgraphia App Kit