Examples of Grammar and Spelling Dyslexia ErrorsPosted by in dyslexia-assistive-technology | Ghotit Blogs
Not all people are familiar with dyslexics and their spelling. Here are some examples personally hand-written by my “dyslexic” self.
You can correct “dyslexic” text with Ghotit
1. Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
Couldn’t believe that I could actually understand what I was reading
2. Amzanig huh yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt.
Amazing how you and I always thought spelling was important.
3. Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dont mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
According to research at Cambridge University, it doesn’t matter in what order the letters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the right place.
4. My wife birthday data.
My wife’s birthday date.
5. I realy hade o good time in the party lest nith.
I really had a good time in the party last night.
6. I’m work on it. There is not mach I can do.
I’m working on it. There is not much I can do.
7. Socheal networking is all about conecting pepole to there pears and too there famalys.
Social networking is all about connecting people to their peers and to their families.
8. I want to the carpanter and asked hi to billed me a woden closet with a big mirror and speachieal drawers to put my showas.
I went to the carpenter and asked him to build me a wooden closet with a big mirror and special drawers to put my shoes.
9. Whin I waz gust a litle buy I axed my moder what wuld I be?
When I was just a little boy I asked my mother what will I be?
10. If I was rich, I would travel ar ound the world.
If I were rich, I would travel around the world.
Regular spell checkers are simply not designed to correct such bad spelling. Added intelligence is required for spell checkers targeting the dyslexic community. After many disappointments from regular spell checkers who simply could not correct my writing, I started a company called Ghotit whose specific goal is to intelligently decipher a dyslexic’s persons spelling… If you are dyslexic, give Ghotit a try…
If you would like to add your specific dyslexic writing examples to the list above, just write it in a comment.